Pages

11.28.2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow. I totally lied to you and really took my time putting a new post up. My apologies friends. But, hey, it's the Holiday's so you have to forgive me. Also, presents.

I hope that your Thanksgiving was fantastic. Mine was. It was delicious and fabulous and I'm typing this with my laptop resting on my enormous belly while I eat a piece of pie with my bare hands.

I am not exaggerating. This pie is delicious and must be eaten straight out of the pie plate with your bare hands. It's better that way.

Thanksgiving this year was amazing. It snowed. Everyone was together. Mostly. Joe was at work, so sad. My step-sister and her family just moved down South so they weren't here either. Other than that, awesome.

I gave Madison her plate of food and on that plate was a dinner roll. I sat down across from her. She picked up the roll, tore it open and said to me, "A roll? Without butter? This is not a roll." It brought a tear to my eye.

We ate. Played games. Ate some more. Played games. I even had a personal friend and her kids over for dinner. Hi Shannon! She brought green bean casserole. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. "Green bean casserole, same old same old." Well, shut your face. This was not "same old, same old green bean casserole". This casserole had pizzazz, it had grace, it had flair, it also had chicken and cheese. Know what else it has? My heart, my love, my respect.

That was that. Nothing too crazy. Noone went nuts and got drunk and ran out naked in the snow...

Or did they? Hmmm?

I guess you'll never know.

So, happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Those two pies at the bottom of the picture. Yep. Those are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you say things to me that reinforce me positively. So...carry on then, do that thing. Lastly, capital hat!