Pages

4.14.2011

A Remodel

Today Madison came to me (read: ran up to me convulsing) and calmly explained (read: shrieked and drooled) that there is a spider in the downstairs bathroom. I tried to calm her down, though I was fuh-reaking out on the inside. Who doesn't hate spiders? If you don't hate spiders then maybe you are in the wrong place. Seriously. Get out. Wait. Stay. You can get rid of them for me and then keep them in your weird spider jars or whatever you people keep them in.

Since she absolutely refused to go back downstairs to get her clean pajamas out of the dryer, I had to go. What? Where do you keep your clean clothes?

The laundry room is connected to the bathroom. I walk into the bathroom the whole time yelling up to Madison, "WHERE IS IT?" she described to me where it was residing. Please understand that what I'm about to explain to you is not an exaggeration.

I saw that spider (which now I believe is actually some sort of tiny monster, but what spider isn't? AMIRIGHT!?) and I couldn't contain myself. I yelled and kept yelling all the while trying to clamor into the laundry room to grab her shorts. When I came back out of the laundry room the spider was gone...not GONE but moved briskly to another location. Probably nearby which is why I started stomping my feet like a maniac. I escaped the bathroom unscathed. I closed the door.

That room will from now on be referred to as "The Spider's Room". Whatever clothes are in there are there to stay. In fact there's a hell of a lot of clothes in there because I haven't done laundry in two weeks and I just took it all down there. Also, all of our towels.

And that's that. I now have a one bathroom house and I need to go shopping.

- towels
- socks for everyone
- underwear for everyone
- all new clothes for the kids
- just a couple of tents for me thanks, I've gained a million pounds this month
- tiny spider furniture...I can scoot it under the door probably...wait! I NEED TO BARRICADE!


 

1 comment:

  1. OMG Amber!!! Where's Joe? Can he kill it? Where's there's one there's another one.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you say things to me that reinforce me positively. So...carry on then, do that thing. Lastly, capital hat!