Pages

12.23.2010

Is This the Month of June?

It must be. I mean, it can't be December right? It can't be the week of Christmas. Nope. No way. No how. Right?

Oh, am I the only one that has noticed this? There haven't been ANY decent Christmas movies on TV. NONE. Sure, I have a few Christmas movies on DVD, but that's not the point. I think right after Thanksgiving I saw that Elf was on, so I DVR'd it. A week or two ago there were a few Christmas specials on the local channels (Charlie Brown, Shrek, etc.)

But now? IT'S THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS! This blatant disregard for the holiday had me in a rage...poor Joe was the recipient of said rage.

Me: Let's find a Christmas movie to watch!

Joe: Okay. Sure.

Me: (flipping through all 1,654 channels....flip, flip, flip, flip.)

Me: (now checking the On Demand channels...flip, flip, flip, flip.) What the hell is this?

Joe: What?

Me: There are NO Christmas movies on!!

Joe: What about "random movie name here"? That's a good movie.

Me: IS IT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE JOSEPH?! IS IT?! No.

4 hours later...

Joe: (flipping through channels...flip, flip, flip) He stops on Big...then puts on Doc Hollywood.

Me: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!? DO THEY NOT REALIZE THAT IT IS 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND THEY ARE PLAYING THIS SHIT!

Joe: This is a good movie...

Me: YEAH, ANY OTHER DAY OF THE EFFING YEAR! THIS IS CHRISTMAS! WHERE IS CHRISTMAS VACATION? WHERE IS RUDOLPH? WHERE IS FROSTY?

I don't have the time or space to continue with my entire diatribe...but it went on for a while. So long in fact, that Joe removed himself from within my flailing arm range, went to pee, came back out and I was still going on.

Me: AND ANOTHER EFFING THING, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP ABOUT THEM PLAYING WHITE CHRISTMAS ONLY ON FRIDAY MORNING AND ON AN HD CHANNEL!?!?

I am proud to say that I have calmed down considerably since then...though I am still in a funk about the whole thing.

Oh, Clark. I miss your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you say things to me that reinforce me positively. So...carry on then, do that thing. Lastly, capital hat!