Pages

5.26.2011

Movies I've Seen Lately

I watch movies frequently, as you already know. I've done one of these lists before, as you already know. If you don't know, then feel free to check out my last movie breakdown here.

Wristcutters: A Love Story: If you can stand to watch a very dark comedy about the after life of people that commit suicide then this is the film for you. If you can stand to watch a movie that has an actress in it that in real life named her son Audio Science, then this is definitely the film for you. I really enjoyed it. Right up until about five minutes before the very end. I won't give it away, just in case you haven't seen it. But, prepare yourself. For. Nothing. And maybe some spinning around in space. Okay, that's all I'm going to say. And this.

Say "cheese"!

The Broken Hearts Club: Um. I loved this movie. It's a love story centered around a group of gay male friends. I'm not sure exactly how many, if any, of the actors that portrayed gay men were in fact actually gay. I know for a fact that one of them isn't. And I swear on all that is holy if you ever tell me that he is, I will punch you in the face. Okay. Aside from that. It was a lovely movie, a refreshing love story and the love story comes from a place that you don't expect.

What? This is a totally legitimate baseball team.

When Strangers Appear: I caught this flick on Lifetime during one of my Saturday afternoon laundry-fests. By laundry I mean sitting on the couch. This movie took about $15 to make. The main story seemed like a good idea...but that all goes down the drain when you realize that  *SPOILER ALERT* when the movie is over you have no clue what was going on or the reason behind it. That's right. The credits roll and you look around like maybe you've been Punk'd. (It's been years humanity, can we stop using that term now? We could call it 'Amber'd' but that would mean that before the trick happened I would have to show up and giggle right before and perhaps roll around on the floor.) So, I suggest seeing this movie if you can stand to be left not knowing. Anything.



The Sandlot 2: Stop it.

 Seriously. Don't watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you say things to me that reinforce me positively. So...carry on then, do that thing. Lastly, capital hat!