Pages

1.10.2010

A Test In My Patience

My laptop is making a noise. The noise sounds like a coffee pot, a coffee pot full of coffee that I wish I had right now because it is 2:35 am and I am exhausted.

I put Cooper down at 8:00 pm and he hasn't woken up yet. He has never slept this long and instead of being in bed enjoying my six hour nap here I am waiting for Dell Online Support. Why? Um, because that's what the website told me to do. There was an email option but that is for low priority problems, there was even a list of possible low priority issues and computer that sounds like percolator was not one of them so I am assuming that my problem is severe and that I need to use the Chat support option so that I may chat with a support person immediately. Well, immediately if your definition of immediately is four hours later.

There's a queue you see. When I started I was number 14, that was around 10pm (I think), it is now 2:39 am and I am number 2. Number 2, I have been number 2 for over an hour.

"Is there a number to call?" you may be asking. Yes. Why don't I call it? Oh, that's an easy question to answer.

Because I hate to talk to people.

Okay, that's not completely true. I do love to talk to my friends and some of my family, most of the time. It's been my experience that whenever I call a place for support or to order food for delivery it just ends in disaster. I also will not ask for help finding anything in a store. I can usually find it faster than the person that works there and to be honest I like the hunt.

Okay, to be really honest, sometimes when I see someone I know in public I will avoid them like the plague if I don't feel like dialoging.

To be extremely honest, I avoid people a lot.

Which is weird because I am  very outgoing, friendly, easy to talk to and all that jazz. It's just that sometimes, I don't want to get invested in a conversation while standing in the middle of a store. I hate having to walk around two people that have rediscovered eachother after years apart and are now catching up on all the old times and, "Oh, remember when Susie dumped Fred, yeah well they got back together and have three kids, none of which are his", and on and on. Um, excuse me, you are blocking the pop tarts and your heathen kids are running up and down the aisles and if you don't reign them in I'm going to trip them. Thanks.

See how nice I am, sorry I won't talk to you in public. It's for the best. Call me later.

I'm still number 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you say things to me that reinforce me positively. So...carry on then, do that thing. Lastly, capital hat!